General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- CoronaStats needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given CoronaStats permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in CoronaStats legitimate interests
- CoronaStats needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
CoronaStats uses external tool "Google Charts" for visualization (https://developers.google.com/chart/). For this purpose your browser has to connect to servers by Google. Through this, Google obtains knowledge that our website has been accessed via your IP address.
CoronaStats follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp and referring/exit pages.. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
This website is using Matomo 2, an Open Source, self-hosted software for collecting anonymous usage statistics for this website.
The data is used to analyse the behaviour of the website visitors to identify potential pitfalls like not found pages, search engine indexing issues and to find out which contents are the most appreciated. Once the data (number of visitors reaching a not found pages, viewing only one page…) is processed, Matomo is generating reports for website owners to take action, for example changing the layout of the pages, publishing some fresh content… etc.
Matomo is processing the following data:
- Anonymized IP-address by removing the last 2 bytes (so 198.51.X.X instead of 198.51.100.54)
- Pseudo-anonymized Location of the user (generated from the anonymized IP-address)
- Date and time
- Title of the page being viewed
- URL of the page being viewed
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page (if the page allows it)
- Screen resolution
- Time in local timezone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded
- Link clicks to an outside domain
- Pages generation time
- Country, region, city (low resolution based on IP-address
- Main Language of the browser
- User Agent of the browser
Local storage / cookies
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.